Thursday, December 16, 2010

DONE.

Yes! My finals are done! My 3hr tax final was pretty torturous, but I'm done.

I have successfully completed my first semester of college! But only by the help of Lord. School is very tough for me... I have to work especially hard to get good grades, and I definitely learned to trust the One who is in control of my life. I'll do my studying and He'll give me the grade He wants to give to me.

I was complaining to my mom the day my finals began, that NOBODY I know studies for a test as long as I do, and they still get the same grades as I. Luke standing there listening to me, gave me the advice to "just eat smarties, and not nerds." Thanks for advice Fritz. :)

I think this semester was hard because I'm still trying to learn how to study efficiently. And... I guess part of it is my own fault, because I kind of wait to REALLY understand it until my test comes, and then I have tons to do, because I didn't keep up with my studying. I think this is called procrastination. Although I think I got better as the semester went on.

Anyways... I will stop talking about school now. I hope to post more interesting posts during my break, and then... yes... I think the posts will once again be complaining about school again come January.

Maybe one of these days, I will learn to LOVE school. I sure hope that day will come. Maybe next semester, because I have some pretty fun classes. That tax class was pure torture for me this semester.


Tonight is my 8 piano/violin student's recital, which I'm looking forward to. I'm so proud of every single one of these kids. I just love teaching them and watching them learn and grow musically! I will be sure and post about it. :)

And, just in case I don't get to another post before Christmas... have a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

Traever Guingrich said...

studying is overrated wenders

Luke said...

I hope I didn't discourage you when I was so surprised by how much you study. Seriously, the purpose is to learn the material, so do what you have to do to learn it.

Props to you! :-)

Now...when are you guys planning your sleep-over? :-)