Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Restaurant Review- Granite City



You may remember I used to do restaurant reviews every once in a while, just like the newspaper. :) It's been a while, but this one I just had to blog about.

This weekend Adam, Jenna, and I went to Granite City for dinner. Although we had to wait for 45 minutes before being able to sit down, it was well worth the wait.

Granite City

Us three were going to go out, and I instantly mentioned Granite City, because I had only heard good things about it. So off we went on Saturday night. We got there about 6:30, and it was packed. They told us the wait was 35-50 minutes, but we decided to stay and wait anyways. Like I said, we waited for 45 minutes, but when that place is as packed as it was, there is no where to sit or even stand. There were people everywhere.

While we were waiting, the waitress' came around and offered samples of their flat bread. It was very delicious. After our long wait, we were finally taken to a booth. In the main eating area, which is separate from the bar, you can see inside the kitchen because of a glass wall. Very cool looking. Granite City is also a brewery, so they have massive tanks that you can see through a large glass window filled with their own beer near the entrance.

Although our waiter took a while to come to our table, the manager got us our drinks right away while we were waiting (they even asked us if we wanted wine... do we really look that old? :).
Now time to choose what to eat. There were so many options you wouldn't believe. I could not decide.. at all. But this is what I chose for the evening:


Grilled Chicken and Bruschetta Salad:
Toasted Caesar bruschetta surrounds a mix of greens and chopped romaine tossed in balsamic vinaigrette with grilled chick breast, sliced ripe olives, and crumbled bleu cheese, Finished with marinated bruschetta tomatoes, onions and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.

The only thing that scared me away was the bleu cheese, so I just ordered it without, and asked for extra Parmesan instead.
I don't know if you've ever had bruschetta, but it is amazing. Especially there's. Absolutely delicious.
Adam and Jenna both got fries and sandwiches, and they both looked very good also. Especially the fries, thin and crispy!


Our waiter was a younger girl and a bit awkward, but gave us very good service. And she wasn't the only one who waited on us. Any of the managers, or other waiters, if they saw our glasses empty or anything.. they took care of us too, even though we weren't necessarily their responsibility.

The atmosphere was good, but the only thing(just fyi) was most go there probably for the bar. It was very noisy, but still very nice.

Even though the hostess spelled my name "Windy," and we were in the restaurant for over 2 hours, it was well worth it and I would certainly go again in a heartbeat. You just might not want to try a Saturday night unless you have reservations. We left around 8:45, and there were still a few people waiting.


QUICK GUIDE:

230 Conference Center Drive
East Peoria, IL 61611
(309) 699-8080

Ratings: **** is highest

Food- ****
Atmosphere- ***
Service- ****

--- they also have carryout



3 comments:

Heidi said...

The fries are amazing. They might even rival Busy Corner's!

Adam said...

um....more like alot awkward

Jenny said...

They do have good food! I've tried to recreate their ale and cheddar soup with limited success. :)