This is a bit late, but I'm kind of weird about posting my happenings in chronological order. So I couldn't post this until I caught up with my other posts. :)
The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, I went to the Tennessee Sing in Athens Alabama. I doesn't really make sense that it's called the Tennessee Sing and it's in Alabama... but that's what they call it..
Anyways, we left on the bus at 4:30am Saturday morning. It was an early morning, and unfortunately I couldn't and didn't sleep at all on the bus.
But some found a comfortable position and were able to get some zzz's...

We got to the Athens Fellowship Center at 2 on Saturday, just in time for the auction. It was extremely loud, so some of us went outside for a walk during most of it. I don't really remember what we did that night... we ate dinner, talked a lot, and sang a lot.
We didn't get back to the hotel until pretty late that night, and since it was such an early morning everyone was pretty much shot. So we all went in our separate rooms and got some good sleep. I got to share a hotel room with Kendra, Michelle and Janelle.
Troy's younger brother Coby went along too. He was the youngest person on the trip, and I felt so bad for him... he was so bored! So I tried to be extra nice and have fun with him. Especially since it was his birthday on Monday. He only turned 12, but he said some of the most hilarious things to me during our funny conversations... :) He was seriously so fun to hang out with... I wasn't just trying to be nice. :)
Sunday morning was church. I love going to churches I've never been to before, and Athens was especially cute. I loved how different groups went up before the service and sang in front of church. And their accents are just AWESOME.




Troy's sister Charity, is the sweetest thing ever. I didn't know her at all, but she just kind of attached to me, which I loved!
All of the girls @ Church
They don't have Sunday lunch there, so after church all of the girls changed and walked to Applebees for some good food.
Ellie, Michelle, Kendra, Kristin, & Darcy(Troy's sister)

Troy & Ellie-- It was fun to actually hang out with them. Poor Troy was probably so sick of all of us girls by the end of the weekend. :)
Applebees took quite a while, so right after we were done we rushed back to the bus and headed to the fellowship center again. I don't remember specifically what we did... sang, ate, talked, and sang some more. Basically a repeat of Saturday, except I met more people on Sunday. :)
We left the fellowship center in good time on Sunday because we had a pizza party when we got back to the hotel. We played games and just hung out in the lobby.
A game of Dutch Blitz of course!
It got kind of chaotic, so I went on a walk with Darcy & Troy & Ellie. Then we sat outside of the hotel and talked a while.... then Michelle & Kendra joined us... and again, we talked...until seriously forever. We were having such good conversations, and none of us wanted to go to bed. I think it was 2:30 until we finally went INSIDE, but then we were still pretty wired. I believe I got a total of 3 hours of sleep that night, but it was totally worth it.
Monday morning we got up pretty early and headed home. It took forever to get home because we stopped at a mall for lunch and shopped for a bit.
It was such a great weekend for tons of different reasons, but a few of them being 1)A lot of my best friends went, 2)Troy & Ellie and also Troy's family went, and I got to know them a bit. They were so much fun to be with. I love getting to know new people.
His other sister, Darcy, also went along and she is the sweetest thing ever too.
Actually, I'm going up to Belvidere and staying with Ellie's in-laws-to-be this Sunday & Monday. I'm pretty excited to hang out with everyone again. :)
Holly F. was on the trip too, and was actually the one who persuaded me to come along. She cracks me up! She always makes me laugh no matter what.
So it was a great weekend. We did tons of singing, my voice was seriously going out by the time we got home. But I love to sing, and be with friends, and travel. And I got to do all of that.
Athens, you may be seeing me again next Memorial Day! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment