We got in early afternoon, so we were able to lay out for about an hour and soak up some sun. Then we went out for pizza with some of their neighbors, Caroll & Louise.
Oh, and how could I forget? We went to Caroll & Louise's after for Dominos. A game that never ended. It's kind of an inside joke, but Darcy & I weren't the only ones who didn't exactly want to play Dominos. :)
We went to Naples for church that night, which is held at a hotel. We were only 45 minutes early... that's watcha get when you ride with old people to church. :) They may be old, but oh my, they crack me up. Bill & Sandy and Kay, who we stayed with, always made it lively and it was never boring. And we never ran out of stuff to talk about.
There was pretty much all old people at church, except a few visiting young ones. It's almost like a social event. They have dessert, water, and coffee afterwards, and they're all such good friends.
I got to see and talk to the three couples we stayed with last year when I was down there with the 8 of us girls. When we were stranded? Yeah, they didn't forget us. They are so much fun.
That night I drank a lot of coffee. They told me it was decaf... but it looks like the hotel made the wrong kind. So I was up late and energetic that night when we got home. :)
We spent most of the day by the pool. Sandy & Kay even joined us every day.
One thing I love about staying with older people is they don't eat much lunch and then eat a good dinner super early
Then we went shopping and around time to avoid another game of Dominos. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment