Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Our Celebration..

Some people think it's normal what we did for our anniversary...some people just laughed. :) 

On Saturday we went to the Magic Waters water park near Rockford. Just the two of us. I have driven by that water park every year for the past 12 years on the way to our Wisconsin vacations. Every year I make a comment about how I want to go there someday...
When making our plans for the weekend, I told Daniel I just wanted to go to the pool and relax. That's when he suggested going to Magic Waters. I was quite excited. :) He had been there before, so bless his heart for going with me! He said he didn't care at all, as long as we were together. :) It was a ton of fun, the slides were huge... by far the fastest/scariest slides I've ever been on. The only downside was that it wasn't super sunny... and there was a breeze. This made it freezing standing in line for slides, and the lazy river was just freezing.

There was only one slide I wouldn't go on... and it was this body slide. Oh my word, it took a person 6 or 7 seconds to get to the bottom. Daniel tried it... and didn't want to go on it again. :)
That's Daniel :)
We left the water park around 5, so we stopped and got some food on the way home and relaxed the rest of the evening at home. Such a fun day.

Monday was the actual day of our anniversary. Daniel sent me TWO dozen roses to work... they were gorgeous, and they make my office smell wonderful!

We went out to eat at Granite City that evening. I took this picture... obviously I need some practice. I thought Daniel looked good though. :) I just look chubby because I have a mint in my mouth. Oh well, I have to document everything we do, so it's just gonna have to work. :)

When we got back from Granite City, we cut into our cake topper. I'm not sure if I really get that tradition. At all. I don't really like cake at all, but I took a bite. It wasn't terribly dry, but I've tasted better. :)

I'm sure every year our anniversary won't involve this much celebration, but we might as well do it while we can! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! Finally someone from our family went to that water park! :)

Michelle said...

That is the coolest thing to do on your anniversary! :) I've always wanted to go there too. :)