Our little buddy was 3 months old yesterday.
He weighed 10lbs 11oz and is just a little peanut in the 1st percentile. He wears 0-3 month clothes.
An overview of the last month:
Sleeping: He went from going 5-6 hours at night back to 2-3 hours. Makes this momma a little frustrated, and I'm hoping he will go back to the 5-6 hours! It shocked me that when he was all worn out from all the Christmases we had(4 in 4 days), he slept 8 hours! Sadly he hasn't done that again. He does take pretty good naps during the day, however. Usually at least one 2 hour nap, sometimes longer. I love that long stretch.
Henry still sleeps in our room, right next to our bed in the Rock and Play. I wouldn't have it any other way for the first few months. It's so nice when they're so little that they're right beside you. I also love the fact that I don't have to get out of bed every time I need to stick his paci back in. Today I've been trying to put him in his crib for naps, but he will. not. sleep. He doesn't like to be flat on his back. It might be a harder transition from the Rock and Play to the crib than I thought.
Eating: He eats every 3 hours pretty much around the clock since he's getting up so much at night. Once in a while he goes 4-5 hours.
As much as I say this is his normal, Realistically, he doesn't have much of a routine down. We just kind of go with whatever. For the most part he's pretty predictable but not always. I'm just glad I finally kind of know what he likes and dislikes.
One thing I am so thankful for is that he has really became a better baby. He used to scream in the evenings and there was nothing we could do to console him. He still has a fussy evening here and there but is usually pretty consolable. Most evenings, as long as you give him your full attention he's usually fine. Silly boy. But definitely pretty touchy.
Usually he's only fussy if he needs to eat or sleep. For the majority of the time anyway. But today? Not so much. Like I said, for the majority of the time. I guess babies can't be perfect all the time. :)
Henry is only 3 months old, but I honestly feel like he stranges. Several times I have given him to someone else and he starts bawling. As soon as I take him back, he's fine. And he always goes to sleep better for me. Fine with me if he's a momma's boy. :)
This month he started reaching and playing with his toys. It's so cute. He will lay down on his play mat and just smile and coo away at those little animals hanging down.
He pays a lot of attention to his surroundings, and is very alert. He loves ceiling fans, and notices bright colors on people's shirts. He will also smile at anyone and everyone.
He's not a huge fan of laying on his stomach. He can roll from stomach to back, and is so so close to rolling back to stomach. He gets stuck on his side. :)
| This is how he sleeps in his crib- maybe that's why he won't sleep very well |
| Our "little old man" as everyone says (and we agree)- he always wrinkles his forehead |
We love our little buddy and he brings so much joy to our lives!
(Sorry if these updates are boring to you- they are mostly for my records)

1 comment:
Thank you, Wendi, for your update on Henry. He's such a little cutie. You & Daniel have a very sweet family. Love & prayers, Teresa
Post a Comment