
During the night Tuesday night, our cute, but old dog, Taffy, died. She stopped eating and drinking the end of last week, and went down hill from there. Her mouth was all bloody, and her eyes were really nasty. We got her to drink a little bit yesterday, but she got way to dehydrated. I checked on her before I went to bed on Tuesday, and as Heidi would say, she was breathing the death rattle.She died in her favorite spot though, under the deck. My dad buried her Tuesday morning behind our shed before going to work. He put bricks around it, and Luke made a cross for it. :) She was 90 years old in dog years, and not very playful, but I'll still miss her. She's the only dog we've ever had, so its kind of a big loss to us. :) She had gray hair. I actually didn't even know that dogs got gray hair. Anyways, now we're fighting over on what kind of dog well get now. I really want a chocolate lab. My mom says we shouldn't even be thinking about it so quick. :) But, we probably won't get one until spring anyways. :(

5 comments:
Awww...that picture is so cute!
Black lab, Jo...we are getting a black lab.
You should get an Irish Setter.
I think you should get a dog like ours....o wait, we have no idea what kind he is. :)
But he's cuter than a black lab!
Pugs are pretty cute too.
half golden retriever half german shepard wendi! no honesetly i dont care but that is what our dog is and she is pretty cool. you do have my sympathy...our dog is like 95 in dog years and she doesnt do much! i m not really lookin forward to the day she dies..:-(
aww....she was such a good dog!
*BIG HUG*
If you get a lab, be sure to get a chocolote lab! For serious, they are the best ones ever. :)
Good bye taffy! ♥
Post a Comment