How could I forget to mention in my "last" post before he's born...
This little guy has been breech my entire pregnancy. At my 32 week appointment he was still breech, making this momma a little worried. As I talked with people, most told me their's flipped by 32 weeks, but some told me there's flipped in the last month or even in the delivery room. I tried not to let myself freak out about it... but it added a lot of stress, wanting to have that baby flipped SOON. I did exercises/positions a lot on vacation. I had a doctor appointment right when we came back, and he was still breech. So I tried new positions, and also peppermint oil on my stomach that my sister in law gave me. Daniel's family went to the dunes in Michigan, and I was sure that crawling up those dunes would make him flip. I had that "theory" because that's how my mother-in-law got one of her babies to flip years ago. I was convinced it would work for me too. :) I managed only to make it up and down a huge dune just once.
4 days later I had another doctor appointment, at 34 weeks, and Praise the Lord... he had flipped! I don't know what it was that made him flip...maybe nothing I did mattered except the prayers, but I was so thankful! One day before my birthday I found that out... it was the best birthday present! It was amazing how much stress I was relieved of. It lowered my risk of C-Section... which that word "Section" just terrifies me, especially for my first. So I'm thankful that he's in the right place now... behaving for me. :) Now he's face up and just needs to turn. They told me it would sure relieve my back pain if he turned... so now that's the next step. :)
But I'm counting my blessings, and trying to remember that God is in control of the entire situation and birth. Because as you can imagine, it's my first... I have a little bit of anxiousness/nervousness going on.
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
I hear ya :) So thankful for you and this development!
Post a Comment